Saturday, February 17, 2018

Back in the air

So annual took longer than I liked.  It was a combination of the shop being backed up, mechanics being out because of the flu and a delay getting some parts.  Overall the the plane was in good shape.  Nothing unexpected.  New brake pads were needed, the nose tire was ready to replace, the mufflers had worn, I got new spark plugs and I did a small upgrade.


See those three little green lights?  They signify that each wheel is down and locked.  On my plane the wheels come up to decrease drag during cruise.  It is important to remember to lower them when landing.  The switch is low on the right side and the lights are right above the switch.  During landing we check multiple times that the wheels are down and locked.

The original lights work fine but require you to turn your head at a critical phase.  These new LEDs repeat the factory bulbs and put the lights right next to the airspeed and right where I am looking during landing.



Yesterday CC drove me down to the shop and I flew the plane home.  Today I had to wait for the fog to burn off but after that it was an hour flight to recheck everything.  I had done a thorough preflight yesterday before taking the plane and did an extra long one today looking for anything that might not have been tight.

I then went up and rechecked all the electronics.  Finally I flew at known power settings and fuel flows to confirm the plane was still flying straight and at the proper speeds.  Everything checked out and I returned to the hangar after an hour.  The weather was great but the beach still had sea fog hanging out.



No comments:

Post a Comment