Sunday, December 15, 2019

Everything but BBQ


Weather has been good and bad lately.  Have gotten in some good instrument practice in actual conditions.  Other days have been clear but rather blustery.  Yesterday I looked at the forecast and it was going to be clear, cool and calm. 


I posted on our pilots group looking for people to fly out to lunch.  Right after I did the girls called and asked about dinner plans.  We agreed that Mission BBQ sounded like a good idea so on their way home they picked up some serious BBQ.


About the time the BBQ arrived I had some responses,they wanted to head for some BBQ at Saint Simons.  Now I always like BBQ so I said why not.  The good weather brought every Sunday flyer out and I was #5 in line for departure until #6 cut in front of me.  After glaring at him, not that he could see me,I was soon on my way and enjoyed a leisurely flight up the coast.


I was a bit concerned that we would have a major line at Southern Soul as we arrived at 11:45.  Amazingly there was no line.  When it came to the fateful decision on BBQ, I went rogue and got a chili dog.  Had a fun time with the airport friends eating and talking.  On the way home I departed right by the vessel that got stuck in the channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment