Sunday, August 16, 2020

The coming storm

Saturday I awoke to clear skies but when I started looking at the weather, the picture was not so rosy.  There was a line of rain from the Florida/Georgia border to the West Coast North of Tampa.


You can see how nice it looked if you looked the right way.  Holding short for takeoff I could see what was coming.  Regardless the storms were actually moving quite slowly so I decided to go out for a morning flight before the rain.


On departure I had a good preview of the rain.


It was still Sunny downtown and listening to approach, I could hear them still skydiving over at Herlong.


I headed South West parallel to the rain to have a better look.  It made quite a nice picture on the GPS.


I could see the rain showers under the storm front but stayed well clear.


It made for some nice scenery as I worked my way back North East.


JAX was still in the sun too and I got a nice overhead view.


Fernandina was also quite with the ship cutting frames still hanging out.  I guess the ship at Saint Simons is not yet ready to be cut.


I returned before any of the rain started.  I did drop by Safe Harbor for fresh fish and saw lightning in the distance returning to the car.  The storm line sort broke up so the coming storm never really came though we got some sprinkles at the house.  I did see the airport has a new system to mow the grass.  This poor guy was working alone on the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment