Thursday, July 29, 2021

Art On A Wall



Laramie has a surprising amount of art.  One obvious example is the mural project started in 2011 that utilizes local artists to create art on the downtown buildings. 


I downloaded the map of the official murals and Sunday afternoon we were off on a walking tour.





One thing we noticed quickly was that there were murals that were not part of the official project.  It is an interesting collection, I liked some, others not so much.  Monday must be garbage day as some murals had cans out for the next days pick up.  Not sure whether that added to the charm but most art exhibits don’t include the trash. 




We wandered about and took pictures.  I had a secret weapon.  When I changed cameras last year, one downside is that the micro 4/3 system has a 2x magnification factor.  Thus a 50 mm lens is really a 100.  My zoom is now 28-280 mm compared to my last system where I had a 21-300. The top end is covered by the higher resolution sensor but wide shots are an issue.





The girls got me a cool little lens for my Birthday.  It is a 7.5mm or effectively a 15mm with a 110 degree field of view.  It is tiny, fully manual and different than my other glass but the perfect lens for landscapes and murals.



In addition to art, they have lots of flowers. Enjoy the natural and man made art!








No comments:

Post a Comment