Monday, January 25, 2021

A new addition

The blog has been a bit quiet the last few weeks.  I have to admit I have been a bit unfaithful.  While I was still flying my Bonanza, I had my eye on a pretty Baron.  Today we planned to fly down to New Smyrna to close on the Baron but the weather was quite foggy.  We drove instead, it was a good decision.

Our new addition is a 1991 Baron 58.  The Baron has two 300 HP engines compared to one on the Bonanza.  Its faster but only by about 15-25 knots.  It does have significantly more redundancy and room.  During the purchase process we identified a few areas that need to be fixed so the plane stays at the mechanic for a bit.  


After this it will be Baron school for me.  I am rated for this aircraft but have never flown this exact model.  The insurance company requires some hours before I can head out on my own.  This was not a big deal as I had planned a more extensive program before I got the requirements. 


I started the blog to document our travels across the country and since the Baron is also a Beechcraft, the name still makes sense.  I may not land the Bonanza in each state but the Baron will hopefully let me complete the quest.

A lot more to come in a few weeks once I start training.



No comments:

Post a Comment