Saturday, March 13, 2021

Times are a changing

 

Well February was a quiet month flying wise.  In January we closed on the new plane and then I had to wait for the mechanic to get to it to clean up a few issues we found on the pre-purchase inspection.  Then I went and flew it and found 2 small items and had to wait again.


Covid has devastated some businesses but others have had the opposite problem.  Back last year I was down an extra 2 weeks because the prop shop was way behind so I was not too surprised I had to wait.  I had planned to list the Bonanza when I brought the Baron home but a funny thing happened on the way to the forum...  Well the mechanic actually.


While we were getting into the Baron to fly it, a person was looking at the planes parked at the mechanic.  I said hello to him and in the ensuing conversation mentioned it was going to be for sale.  He already had a Bonanza but his friend was looking for one just like mine.


By the time we came back, the friend had reached out to me and he has an offer pending on the plane.  So far it has been visually inspected and test flown.  In the picture below she is heading off for a mechanical inspection and if all goes well, He will fly her back to the West Coast.  Somewhat ironic as I picked the plane up on the other coast and brought it here.


A little sad the plane is on its way to market but excited because the Baron is home.  This is probably for the best as the planes would have become jealous of each other.

3 comments:

  1. So what I know about planes could fill a thimble but it looks like you've gone from single prop to twin prop.

    Did you have to get additional training? New license? Does this allow you to go further or higher? Clearly faster, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already have my multi rating. Insurance requires me to get some additional type specific training before I fly it on my own.

    It goes marginally faster but can stay aloft on one engine and gas two of everything so you get more redundancy. It does Cary a bit more too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much did ya let the Bonanza go for?!?

    ReplyDelete