Saturday, December 9, 2023

Donuts with David and the year in review

Airplane is still in annual.  I have a tradition of inviting people over to the hangar for coffee and donuts while the plane is gone.  This year I decided to enhance the experience with a safety meeting in addition to the refreshments.  

We had about 18 people, depends if you count the infant guest.  Our topic was Back to Basics and we discussed common causes of accidents such as fuel, capability, performance and lack of planning.  Overall we had a nice talk.  The last few mornings have been cool but today it was pretty warm.  We had less coffee drinkers and I blame the warm weather.


It's been a busy year flying.  I may get a few more hours at the end of the month but so far I flew 212 hours in 2023 including 31 instrument approaches and 19.4 night hours.  We marked 12 states off in our quest for the lower 48 and took 2 big vacations and 4 small ones.  I also worked in 61.7 hours of public interest flying.

Overall it was a good year and I kept current and proficient.  I completed both a flight review and an Instrument Proficiency Check and both were good confirmation that my continuous training is working.  Looking forward to getting the plane back and  having more adventures in 2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment